2009 Polaris Ranger XP LE
2009 Polaris Ranger XP LE
Features & Specifications:
- 700 Twin EFI Engine: EFI for fast starts, industry-leading 50 mph (80 km/h) top speed to get you to the job site or deer camp faster.
- On-Demand True AWD: Senses when the rear wheels slip to engage both front wheels with full torque, maximizing traction with true 4-wheel drive
- New Front Suspension: New Dual A-Arm design is fully adjustable so you can fine-tune the suspension for work or play with 50% easier steering
- New Ergonomics: New cab design adds more leg room, tilt steering, repositioned pedals and an all-new seat with car like comfort.
- New Storage: New in-dash storage features big glove box and four compartments with 140% more storage, 46% more than the competition
- Front-end Protection: All new: upswept bumper, recessed headlights, fully armored radiator and front differential to maximize protection.
- Independent Rear Suspension: IRS has class-leading 9 in. (22.9 cm) of suspension travel for the smoothest ride off-road -- empty or fully loaded
- Lock & Ride cargo System: Exclusive cargo system lets you add or change accessories in less than a minute with no tools
- Towing Capacity: A 1-ton (2000 lbs./907 kg) towing capacity for towing trailers and heavy equipment
- Multi-Functional Speedometer: Instrumentation includes analog speedometer, digital fuel gauge, odometer, tachometer, clock and indicators for gear selection and AWD
LE Browning Features:
- Exclusive Browning Edition RANGER with Mossy Oak® New Break-Up® camo hood and dash.
- No-shine black painted cab frame and bumpers.
- Custom cut and sew Browning seat with Buck Mark decal.
- 12 inch, 8-spoke Mossy Oak New Break-Up camo rims with Polaris PXT radial tires.
- Displacement: 683 cc
- Horsepower: 40 hp
- Cooling Type: Liquid
- Engine Type: 4 Valve 4 Stroke Twin Cylinder
- Top Speed: 50 mph (80 km/h)
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Oil Capacity: 2 qt. (1.9 l)
- Carburetion: Electronic Fuel Injection
- Fuel Capacity: 9.0 gal. (34 l)
- Coolant Capacity: 3.25 qt. (3 l)
- Alternator: 500 Watts
- Transmission: Automatic
- Gear Range: In-Line
- Drive System: 4 Wheel Shaft Drive
- Front Details: Adjustable Dual A-Arms
- Rear Details: Independent Real Suspension
- Front Suspension: 9.63 in. (24.5 cm) Dual A-Arm
- Rear Suspension: 9.0 in. (22.9 cm) Dual A-Arm
- Front Tires: 25 X 10-12
- Rear Tires: 25 X 11-12
- Wheelbase: 76 in. (193 cm)
- Turning Radius: 158 in. (401 cm)
- Dry Weight: 1237 lbs. (561 kg)
- Ground Clearance: 12 in. (30 cm)
- Length: 113 in. (287 cm)
- Width: 60 in. (152 cm)
- Height: 75 in. (190 cm)
- Brakes: 4 Wheel Hydraulic Disk
- Parking Brake: Hand Activated
- Box Dimension: 54 X 36.5 X 11.5 in. (143 X 101.5 X 31.5 cm)
- Box Capacity: 1000 lbs. (454 kg)
- Payload Capacity: 1500 lbs. (681 kg)
- Hitch Towing Capacity: 2000 lbs. (907 kg)
- Cargo System: Lock and Ride
- Seating: 3
- Skid Plate: Full
Drink holders that actually work great.
700 twin cylinder fuel injected power-plant with tons of torque.
Shocks are adjustable to add addition vehicle height.
Legal seating for 3 people.
New clean body lines makes this unit very appealing.
CVT, checking oil, and other service points are excellent.
Tilt steering is awesome.
Browning package is top shelf.
When we had the chance to review the new redesigned Polaris Ranger XP it was a no-brainer to say yes, especially since it was also the top of the line model in the Browning Package. This years machines have a much needed bodywork make over that gives it that first impression look that says wow.
Since we picked up our units in mid winter we decided to go ahead and install the Mattracks M-3 Tracks on it to see how it worked in the snow. If you check out the Mattracks review you will see we had a total blast running this machine with tracks on it. We were able to go anywhere we wanted in the snow.This 4 wheel drive system really works, and it was very hard to get this unit stuck.
The Browning model has quite a few added features that will make it very suitable for the avid hunter or any active outdoors person. The gun scabbards are sweet and very easy to take on and off with the Polaris Lock & Ride attachment system. The Warn winch works excellent too
One of the key features we liked was the fact that you can legally carry 3 people in this unit. It is a great way to introduce others to the sport of utving.
The tilt steering works flawlessly, and makes it easy to try out different driving positions. The cockpit is very well laid out with abundant storage, comfortable walk through seating, and cup holders that we used frequently.
The engine has plenty of get up and go to satisfy any outdoors persons needs. Towing and hauling capacity are very adequate and you will find this very useful for any task you plan on doing with this machine.
Is this a speed demon, no, but it is not designed to be either. This is the Cadillac of the Polaris group and comfort, usability, and ride quality are the focus of the Polaris Ranger XP. By any means this unit is not slow, and it will get you up to and over 45 in a very impressive time frame. The fuel injected engine never let us down once and seemed to get excellent fuel mileage all of the time, no matter how hard we pushed this machine.
If you are looking for something more sporty, Polaris has you covered there too with the Razr models.
Overall we are very impressed with the versatility of the new Ranger XP. We put it through it's paces in snow, sand, and on the trails here in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, and it came away with great respect from it's operators.
Bottom line, would I recommend purchasing this machine, yes, if you are looking for a UTV that will easily haul you and your equipment almost anywhere you want to go with it. Plus you will look good while you are UTVing too!
Polaris Contact Info:
Polaris Industries, Inc.
2100 Highway 55
Medina, MN 55340
All ATVPT Polaris service work done by Bergeron Marine:
7794 Highway 2
Rapid River, Michigan 49878
E-Mail: [email protected]